Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My "inner Jersey"...

I know a lot of people are asking about my FVM placement.  On Friday July 1st, Katie Sullivan, Program Director Extraordinaire, and the friars, got together and placed the current group of us into our respective locations.  I've written a nice little ditty (parodied, really), to the tune of "Friday" by Rebecca Black:

It’s Friday, Friday,
gonna find out on Friday.
Everybody’s looking forward to their placement, placement.
Friday, Friday,
finding out on Friday.
Everybody’s looking forward to their placement.

Praying and praying for them!
Praying and praying for them!
Fun, fun, fun, fun,
looking forward to their placement.

It's the little things that bring a smile to my face.  ;-)

So, I still haven't answered the question...where have I been placed?

And the answer is:

Camden, NJ!

From the FVM website: The Camden Franciscan Volunteer Ministers (FVMs) live and serve in ministries fostered by St. Anthony of Padua, a Franciscan parish.  The ministries include:  St. Anthony of Padua Elementary School, youth ministry, religious education, Hispanic ministry, immigrant ministry, English as a Second Language, urban ministry, community outreach and organization, and Francis House — a ministry with people living with or affected by HIV.

That's the scoop.  I'm going to Camden.  My one friend said, "You can let your inner Jersey out...you can come back orange and with an accent!"  Hearing this, my other friend remarked, "I think she means your inner Jersey shore."

While I am fairly certain I don't have an inner Jersey shore, I will hopefully be able to let out some sort of inner Jersey, or at the very least figure out what that means.  In any case, I am excited!  As Rebecca Black would say, "we we we so excited, we so excited!"

This is probably it for a while - I will be out and about for the rest of the summer, visiting friends and family, and relishing that last bit of free time.

Feel free to send any questions my way!  I love hearing from you.  :-)

Peace and all good,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment